My background is focused on modelling and testing both cloud computing systems
and HPC (High Performance Computing) environments. This also includes topics such as formal
modelling of cloud systems, performance evaluation of highly distributed systems and
testing distributed systems and applications.
At present I am working at Testing and Performance Evaluation research group in the Computer Science Faculty of the Complutense University of Madrid. Currently, I am working in a project supported by the Spanish ministry of Economy and Competitiveness running from January 2019 to December 2021. This project is aimed to design and develop techniques for modelling and testing cloud computing systems. I was important contributor of 15 research projects co-funded, among others, by the Carlos III University of Madrid, Complutense University of Madrid and the Spanish Government Grant.
I am also involved in the development of SIMCAN, a simulation platform aimed to model and simulate cloud computing systems and HPC environments.
2011 - PhD on Computer Science in Carlos III University of Madrid.
- Title: New Contributions for Modeling and Simulating High Performance Computing Applications on Parallel and Distributed Architectures.
- Grade: Sobresaliente Cum Laude.
- Download: Amazon . MoreBooks publishing.
2008 - Master of Computer Science and Technology in Carlos III University of Madrid.
- Grade: 8.5/10.
2005 - Master of Computer Science in Carlos III University of Madrid.
- Project: An heterogeneous Web service-based parallel file system.
- Description: Design and implementation of a parallel filesystem server operating at the Web service layer.
- Grade: A with Honors.
2003 - Bachelor of Computer Science in Polytechnic University of Madrid.
- Project: Adaptive learning tutor for Java programming.
- Description: A Web service-based client/server application for self-learning, adapting itself to the student skills. The server corrects the programs and returns the results to the client.
- Grade: A with Honors.
02/2020 - Present
- Associate Professor, Complutense University of Madrid. Testing and Performance Evaluation research group.
12/2014 - 01/2020
- Assistant Professor, Complutense University of Madrid. Testing and Performance Evaluation research group.
10/2011 - 12/2014
- Teaching Assistant with PhD, Complutense University of Madrid. Testing and Performance Evaluation research group.
09/2005 - 09/2011
- Teaching Assistant, Carlos III University of Madrid. Computer Architecture, Communitcations & System group.
- Programming: C, C++, C# and Java
- Simulation frameworks: OMNeT++ and INET
- Parallel programming: MPI, OpenMP, Threads and Map-Reduce
- HTML, SQL, Lisp, Python
- 2005: Scholarship for Doctors trainee program in Computer Science department, computer architecture, communications and systems group. This scholarship is supported by the Carlos III University of Madrid and cover the academic year 2005/2006.
- 2004: Scholarship for collaborating in the Computer Science department in the academic year 2004/2005. This scholarship is supported by the Spanish Ministry of education and science.